On the opening day there were 183 pupils on roll, although just 106 attended. The school building remained almost the same throughout the years as in the picture below, which was taken in the 1940's. The door at the front is the entrance to the boys school. The girls school was accessed on the graveyard side through the existing porch door. There was a dividing wall at the rear of the school which would still have existed at the time of this photograph.