The following sites are useful in helping with you and your child with his/her learning.
They are grouped according to subject.
They are grouped according to subject.
- World Book Day - Keep up to date with all things Word Book Day related.
- Children's Books Ireland - All things Irish children book related.
- Starfall - English Language Development focusing on Literacy.
- MRS Read-A-Thon - Keep up to date with the MRS Read-A-Thon initiative.
- Jolly Learning - A guide to the Jolly Phonics Programme.
- Spelling Practice - Using the Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check method.
- Literactive - reading and phonics for early years pupils.
- International Children's Digital Library - A wide range of reading materials available online.
- British Council - Learn English Kids - literacy activities.
- NY Library "On-Lion" for Kids - Various resources for reading.
- Cbeebies - activities for early learning years
- Writing Fun - interactive writing website
- Letters & Sounds - Help support the DfES Letters and Sounds phonics programme.
- Snappy Words - Free visual English dictionary and thesaurus that lets you search the meaning of words and other associated words. It's fun to use.
- Tagxedo - Tagxedo turns words into a visually stunning word cloud.
- Thing Link - An interactive media platform adds rich media links to photos and videos.
- Wikipedia as Gaeilge - Wikipedia in Irish!
- Gaeilge Ireland - This website offers resources, advice and a directory of courses available around the country. There is an option to read this web page in English or Gaeilge by clicking the language link in the left-hand corner. There are recommended children’s books & lists of events.
- Gael Talk - This website offers online language courses for adults for either personal or business use. These courses are provided by native Irish language speaker sin Gaeltacht areas. Prices range from €20-€30.
- Ranganna - Website offers various Irish courses and help learning.
- Easy Irish - Irish learning made easy! Podcasts, media and games.
- RTE Easy Irish - Make Learning Irish easy with this fun and informative online course perfect for all the family.
- Learn Irish with Liam O'Maonlai - Lessons on simple everyday conversational Irish.
- Irish 101 - This site is designed as a starting point for people who want to learn more about the Irish language.
- Focal - A database of Irish terms and words searchable in either English or Gaeilge.
- Seomra Ranga Gaeilge - Various Irish resources.
- Cú Chulainn's Story - Cú Chulainn's story in Irish and illustrated by the BBC.
- Abair leat - activities to improve Irish, focusing on speaking / gníomhaíochtaí chun Gaeilge a fheabhsú, go háirithe labhairt
- TG Lurgan - pop songs in Irish / pop amhráin as Gaeilge
- Is féidir liom - Interactive website for adults and children who want to learn Irish / suíomh idirghníomhach chun Gaeilge a fhoglaim
- TG4 - Cúla 4 - programmes, competitions and gallery / cláracha, comórtas agus gailearaí
- TG4 - Cúla 4 na nÓg - programmes and songs / cláracha agus amhráin
- Irish Dictionary Online - foclóir Gaeilge ar líne
- Maths is Fun - Basic Maths skills.
- Cool Math 4 Kids - A wide range of activities for all ages.
- IXL Maths - Various activities for Junior Infants to Sixth Class.
- Teaching Tables - Interactive website dedicated to tables.
- Sum Sense Multiplication - Interactive game for multiplication tables.
- Sums Online - Various numeracy activities for all ages.
- Kids Numbers - Free maths games and programmes for kids.
- Numeracy Converter - Convert various mathematical units.
- Mangahigh - Various games and activities or all ages.
Green Schools Ireland - Keep up to date with a thins Green Schools
- Primary Science - interactive activities based on curricular areas
- Science Ireland - Keep up to date with all things Science Week.
- Engineers Week - Keep up to date with all that's happening for Engineers Week.
- Sci Spy - Science initiative aimed at 5th and 6th classes
- Science Kids - Science and Technology for kids
- Science Bob - fun interactive experiments
- Mooney goes wild - resources for mammals, insects and birds.
- NASA - information on Solar System with child friendly student section.
- BBC Bitesize Science - various resources for exploring science.
- National Geographic Kids - Various resources for natural environments.
- Kids Geo - information on a wide range of Geography topics.
- Fact Monster - see world facts section & areas such as Science & Maths also.
- Met Éireann - MET Education.
- World Flags - information on countries and their flags.
- Cities 360 - 360 views of the world's cities.
- BBC Bitesize Geography - various resources for exploring geography.
- Where in our World- a look at basic facts about selected countries.
- Ask About Ireland - facts about Ireland, readings from museums
- History for Kids - kids encyclopaedia with facts on a wide range of topics
- Irish History Links - dedicated Irish History website
- Áras Kids - Áras an Uachtaráin website for kids
- National Museum of Ireland
- Centuries Ireland
- My Adopted Soldier - A unique archive of Irish Soldiers in World War One. Researched and produced by Irish History Students.
- Mount Street 1916 - Contested memories: the battle of Mount Street Bridge.
- Military Archives
- Dublin Rising 1916-2016 - Dublin Rising interactive tour read by Colin Farrell
- BBC Bitesize History - various resources for exploring history.
- Classics for kids - Classical music website for children.
- Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra - Orchestra instruments.
- San Francisco Symphony Kids - Instruments & make your own music.
- Sphinx Kids - Learn about the orchestra & play interactive games.
- The Karaoke Channel - Songs to sing along to.
- The-North-Pole - Lots of sing along Christmas carols.
- R.I.A.M - Royal Irish Academy of Music.
- Comhaltas - Promoting Irish music around the world.
- I am an artist - visual arts initiative aimed at primary school children
- Art Attack - creative ideas and activities for children
- Kinder Art - art and craft ideas for children of all ages
- Incredible Art - ideas for Art activities
- National Gallery of Ireland - National Art Gallery website
- NGA Kids - excellent resource for Visual Arts for children